I was unable to complete the VMWare Workstation Player 17 install on a
Ubuntu 24.04 LTS host even though there is a Linux installer.

Note that this bug report says that the host is Windows 11.

Similarly, I was able to install VirtualBox on a Ubuntu 24.04 LTS host
but was unable to duplicate https://launchpad.net/bugs/2061584 . I
suspect that it happens on a Windows 11 host because I have heard
reports of it affecting someone with a Windows 11 host with Intel
graphics (no Nvidia).

I have other priority work I need to do today, but someone interested in
trying to duplicate this bug should check if it happens with a Windows
11 host.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Rendering issues in vmware with 3d on (GTK ngl backend)

Status in GTK+:
  New
Status in Mesa:
  New
Status in gtk4 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in gtk4 source package in Noble:
  Invalid
Status in mesa source package in Noble:

  Build: Noble Daily Current from 12th April

  Host OS: Windows 11

  VM App: VMWare Workstation 17 Player

  Issue: During installation there is continuous black flickering
  artefacts throughout the flow. Installation completed successfully,
  got to GDM, logged in but desktop screen is black and then locks up
  the whole application, cannot shutdown or interact with Player and
  need to hard kill from task manager.

  The issue appears does not appear with Mantic with the exact same
  machine configuration and appears to be an issue with GPU, my host
  machine is running an NVIDIA 4070ti with the latest windows drivers.

  On reboot some elements of the desktop are visible but cannot be
  interacted with without further lockups.