> I know some people who use csh.  I don't know WHY, [...]

As a csh user...well, okay, strictly speaking not csh but rather csh
with assorted things added, mostly command-line editing, but depending
on what is relevant about csh that may or may not matter.

As a csh-family shell user, I use it for interactive use - and
interactive use only; I maintain exactly two csh scrits, my .cshrc and
my .login - because I find it better for interactive use.  It has
various inconsistencies and idiosyncracies which I find are, for my use
cases, actually miswarts.

Some one of these years, I intend to finish my own shell....

> and none of them are under 50,

Interesting correlate.  How many people do you know who use Unix
variants other than Linux?  How many of them are under 50?  I'm
conjecturing, pending correction or confirmation, that this is actually
a negative correlation with Linux use more than anything else.

> but it's (apparently) not dead.

> Doesn't mean I have to support it. :)

Yeah.  Windows ain't dead either. :-)

\ / Ribbon Campaign