Hi Noah,

Thanks a million for your impulse response.
I got a response from Christian Boss. Wanted to share with you.
Also I'm a newbie to trac.
Can you please elaborate " How to put JS hackery in the ticket.html template".

Here is the mail from Christian Boss.
Hello Damodharan,

Kuttiyappan, Damodharan (CONTRACTOR) wrote:
> Hi Christian Boos,
> I'm Damodharan Kuttiyappan, working as a Configuration Manager in ATX
> Group Inc, Texas.
> We are evaluating Trac Integrated SCM and Project Management for our
> Bug tracking purpose.
> It's an excellent open source tool for bug tracking.
> I would like to implement few features on Trac.
> Our first target is to add a button next to Change History (Show/Hide
> button).
> When we click on the button, it should show the change history log.
> By default we want to make the changes log as an hidden think as the
> Trac users feel Change history occupies most of the pages when the
> bugs have been transferred between users.

That's a similar request to a recently posted ticket, see
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7639 and http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7640

> I need your advise to implement this change. Help me to locate the
> file where do I need to make the changes.
> I'm looking forward to your reply.

Well, I'm afraid I can't help directly right now, but there are plenty of good
guys willing to help for such topics on the Trac mailing lists
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/MailingList ;-)

One hint would be to look at the existing hide/show code we have in the custom
query views (trac/ticket/query.py and trac/ticket/template/query.html).

Hope this helps,

-- Christian

Thanks,
Damodharan

You could probably put some JS hackery in the ticket.html template.
Doing this "right" would entail making a plugin to add the JS to the
ticket page and possibly setting up a stream filter for fallback.

--Noah