Resolved. It turns out that the egg that was built did not contain
FeedParser or Python-DateUtil  both of which caused Trac to fail
during the Plugin installation. Thanks to Jeff Hammel who helped guide
me in the right direction.

Resolved by running:

easy_install FeedParser
easy_install Python-DateUtil