Steve Gravrock wrote:
On Mar 2, 2006, at 2:56 AM, Martin Tomes wrote:
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracMultipleProjects/MultiTrac

I've implemented a few pieces of that. I have a page which provides links to all projects, a page which displays all tickets assigned to the logged-in user, and a form for creating a repository and the corresponding Trac project. All of that was pretty trivial to write.

The main problem I ran into is that querying all of the Trac project databases can be slow. Displaying all of my tickets in 23 projects takes about half a second on a decent server. That's not going to be a problem for most people, but you wouldn't want to do it on the scale of Sourceforge.

Scalability is an issue, some work would need to be done to see where the bottlenecks are. I would guess it is making and breaking lot of database connections but that would need to be proved.

I can look into getting my tools released if you're interested, but it would probably be less work to rewrite them.

It would be useful to take a look at them. Perhaps you could send me a copy.

--
Martin Tomes
echo 'martin at tomes x org x uk'\

Visit http://www.subversionary.org/