I have been thinking about this issue my self recently.

IMHO it all depends on how you setup the client. If trac exposed a
HTTP rich interface (GET/POST/PUT) to tickets then it would be trivial
to write a client that utilised this to close/comment on tickets at
the time of checkin. Some kind of source-administration client script
or something - I don't know, just throwing ideas around here.

The only problem you face with this solution is that the tickets are
not really modified at the point of checkin - only very close. The
only truly semantic way of doing this that I can imagine is to hold
the tickets within the subversion file system (hidden or not) so that
modifications of the tickets (transparently via client interface or
not) was atomic with the main changeset.

Hmmmm....

Noah :)

On 4/3/06, Russ Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 11:11 -0400, Sommers, Elizabeth wrote:
> > >From my boss:
> >

> > I want Trac to use files in Subversion (or any full WebDAV service) as its
> > store of issues and their associated data (attachments, audit trails, etc.)
> > Look up SubIssue on tigris.org.  Subversion is really a filesystem where
> > each file has properties, and can be "dialed back" to previous revisions *of
> > the whole tree at once*.  That means that issue changes can be committed in
> > the same transaction as the source code changes that they document.  Did
> > that bug exist in r3219?  Dial back and build from source, and test it.  Did
> > we know about that bug in r3219?  Dial back and look in the issue store.
> >

> How would the user interface for committing changes to tickets at the
> same time as code changes work? That to me seems like being very
> difficult to make work nicely from the user's point of view, since your
> code changes will take place from your local working copy, while the
> ticket change happens on the trac interface. Unless you have some spooky
> hook scripts running. But having hook scripts that make changes to the
> repository is not recommended.
>
> Sounds to me like an idea  that is nice at the superficial level but
> impractical when it comes down to thinking about it more deeply.

> --
>
> Russ

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman