On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 10:47:42PM +0000, Mike Gee wrote:

> I, too, am suffering from the AssertionError.

Apparently Trac is looking for a python module called "sqlite", and
its failure to find it triggers the assertion error. However, the
pysqlite test imports from a module called "pysqlite2".

The pysqlite tests fake up a module called sqlite. This is from
dbpi.py in the 2.1.3 distribution:

  import pysqlite2.dbapi2 as sqlite

What's the deal here? Should I expect that "import sqlite" entered
into a python interpreter (with access to the same site-packages
directory as Trac) should fail? If it does fail, as it does in my
case, does that indicate pysqlite2 was not properly installed?

Thanks,

  -nat