Hi
I have been trying to copy a trac system from one system to another. (Linux to Fedora if this is relevent)

I have copied all the trac files and the postgres database from one machine to another I just can't set up the trac user.

On trying to run trac I get the error in my log file:-

PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend: OperationalError: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "trac"\n

My pg_hba.conf file contains the following.

local   all         trac                              password

(although I have tried 'trust' and 'md5' as well with no success)
If I test access to the database from the command line with:-

psql -U trac -W payex

I supply the password and am able to log into postgres and inspect the database with no problems.

My database setup in my trac config file is

database = postgres://trac:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/payex

I have also tried setting up a new trac system on this system using trac-admin but I get a similar fatal error message as in my log file.

Anything else I can try?

Regards
Ian