Yes, this is passenger not working together with bundler to find the gems.
I've put some instructions in the install manual to configure bundler for
passenger.

Reinier

Van: Alan Ristow [mailto:alan.ris...@gmail.com]
Verzonden: zaterdag 21 april 2012 19:18
Aan: Reinier Balt
CC: tracks-discuss@lists.rousette.org.uk
Onderwerp: Re: [Tracks-discuss] Trouble upgrading to 2.1

Okay, I've made some progress. I deleted my Tracks 2.1 install and started
from scratch, and everything from bundle install to the database migration
went off without a hitch. Clearly I messed something up the first time
around, though what I have no idea....

Now I have a new issue, though I suppose it's more a Ruby problem than a
Tracks problem. When I launch the server process and try to view my Tracks
install through the browser, I get a "Ruby on Rails application could not be
started" error from Passenger. The error message indicates RedCloth could
not be found, and the backtrace indicates that it is looking for it in
/usr/local/lib instead of my local gem repository.

Since this seems to be a Ruby problem I will try to solve it on my own, but
if you have any ideas off the top of your head I would appreciate hearing
them.

Thanks,

Alan