> I've got some Questions about trinux
> now I'm a linux newbie so go easy ....
> #1  Does Trinux come with Lynx ??
No. And AFAIK, there is no package for it, unless you want to design one
yourself.

> #2  How can I put something (like a webserver) on trinux (I am thinking of
> trying to add it to the bootdisk
On some of the older (0.47) versions I believe there was an 'apache' package
that would work very well for this purpose.

> #3  Can and how  do I put trinux ona  Hard Drive instead of loading it
into
> Ram ???
If you aren't already, you should definitely look into TrinuxHD first.
However this will still require loading 'initrd.gz' into RAM.  If you are
really ambitious like me, you can make a new partition, about 3 or 4 MB is
all you need (I can't remember the exact amount).  Then do a
gzip -d initrd.gz
This will uncompress the file and leave you with initrd.  In Linux, do a
dd if=initrd of=/dev/hda?
where ? is the number of the partition you made.  This will leave space at
the end of the drive, but the other method involves recreating everything in
the /dev/ directory from scratch.  Now when you enter the \trinux directory
on your DOS partition, edit trinux.bat so it reads:
loadlin linux root=/dev/hda? rw
once again, ? is the number of the partition you 'dd'ed the initrd to.  This
will free up a good 3 MB of RAM, only useful if you have about 8 total.
Someday I might post online my method of making a root partition for Trinux,
but IMHO it is best used as it is for what it is needed for.

> #4  umm  well I don't think there is a number 4 .... hmm
Sorry, I can't help you with #4. :)
> TIA
>
> ~PHiSH

If anyone else has a better method for getting #3 done, I'd be glad to hear
it!

www.trinux.org hosted by The Vnode Connector Services
www.vnode.com *** Special Discounts For Trinux Users
*** Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]