Gary wrote:
> this is nonsense, not biblical;
> false and erroneous theology, too

Well, if you are ignorant of the Bible's teaching on this matter, then
let me show you some Bible that teaches this.

"Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in
him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God
hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God,
and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have
boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this
world."  (1Jo 4:15-17)

Heb 10:1  For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not
the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they
offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2  For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because
that the worshipers once purged should have had no more conscience of
sins.

The converse is that in Christ, we have no more conscience of sins.  I
have experienced this.  I have no more conscience of sins, and in the
Scriptures, this is what is promised, so why then do you call me evil?
Is it because I have a pure conscience?

Acts 24:16  And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience
void of offense toward God, and toward men.

1Jo 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in
the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1Jo 5:18  We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that
is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him
not.

1Jo 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his
commandments.

1Jo 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk,
even as he walked.

"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is
no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not
seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he
that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."  (1John
3:5-7)

Gary wrote:
> i see what you mean (sadly, DavudM);
> your philosophy of perfection is that
> you arbitrarily (based on self-righteousness)
> eliminate the need to confess

What? Are you arguing for Catholic confession or something like it?  I
don't understand why when I keep pointing out that I believe in
confessing sin when people sin that you keep saying that I eliminate the
need to confess.  Are you saying that I eliminate the ritual of
confession, as in Roman Catholicism confessionals?

I believe Hebrews 6:1,

Heb 6:1  Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let
us go on unto perfection; NOT LAYING AGAIN the foundation of repentance
from dead works [confession of sin]

Gary wrote:
> i wouldn't be surprzed if even John Wesley
> himself is spinnin' in his grave

John Wesley wrote in his "A Plain Account of Christian Perfection" the
following:
---------------------
In what sense then are they perfect?  ... even babes in Christ are so
far perfect as not to commit sin.  This St. John affirms expressly; and
it cannot be disproved by the examples of the Old Testament.  ... from
Solomon to Christ there was no then no man that sinned not... we may
safely affirm with St. John, that, since the gospel was given, 'he that
is born of God sinneth not.'  ... IN CONFORMITY, THEREFORE, BOTH TO THE
DOCTRINE OF ST. JOHN, AND THE WHOLE TENOR OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, WE FIX
THIS CONCLUSION:  A CHRISTIAN IS SO FAR PERFECT AS NOT TO COMMIT SIN.

This is the glorious privilege of every Christian, yea, though he be but
a babe in Christ.  But it is only of grown Christians it can be affirmed
they are in such a sense perfect as, Secondly, to be freed from evil
thoughts and evil tempers. ...

Thus doth Jesus save his people from their sins; not only from outward
sins, but from the sins of their hearts.  'True,' say some, 'but not
till death, not in this world.'  Nay, St. John says, 'Herein is our love
made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because,
as he is, so are we in this world.'  The apostle here, beyond all
contradiction, speaks of himself and other living Christians, of whom he
flatly affirms that, not only at or after death, but 'in this world,'
they are 'as their Master.'

Gary, I think you and John Wesley are on opposite sides of the fence on
this one, while John Wesley and I are in good agreement.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.