What about the "church in the wilderness" from Acts 7:38 (KJV)?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, 03 April, 2003 22:28
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Check out ServantEvangelism.com

Glenn wrote:
> The death, burial, and resurrection of Christ
> had not happened yet. The New Testament church
> was started in Acts 2 on the Day of Pentecost
> at 9:00 AM.

Are you sure?  Can you define what you mean by "New Testament church"?

What was it called when Christ's disciples gathered together with Jesus
or in Jesus's name before this day that you say the church started?
Please note that they gathered together with Jesus and in his name prior
to Acts 2 but also after the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

e.g.:

Act 1:4  And, BEING ASSEMBLED TOGETHER WITH THEM, commanded them that
they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the
Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Act 1:6  When they therefore were COME TOGETHER, they asked of him,
saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to
Israel?

Act 1:13  And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room,
where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and
Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon
Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Act 1:14  These all CONTINUED WITH ONE ACCORD IN PRAYER AND
SUPPLICATION, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his
brethren.

It seems to me that the New Testament church started prior to Acts 2.
Maybe you can clarify this point of yours and open my eyes.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.