Dean wrote:
> Last trip I didn't feel right about holding up the
> Mormon underclothing in mockery but in honor of you
> this year I will do so and send TT a picture for you
> to view

Dean, before you do this, would you consider talking about it?  I have
not gone to Salt Lake City yet, but there are two things that have
bothered me from the reports.  One is about somebody who wore a skull
cap to mock James White, and the other is about waving the Mormon
underwear.

Sarcasm is a technique of communication that I think is a very dangerous
slope for the believer.  Sarcasm means trying to be hurtful towards
someone by mocking.  It is not exactly the same as ridicule or
sardonicism or satire. It incorporates this idea of being hurtful and
cruel. I think Elijah pushed it to the edge when he mocked the prophets
of Baal.  He did not say the things to hurt anyone, but to laugh at
their false religion and expose its foolishness.

This underwear matter seems a bit over the edge to me.  I wasn't there
so I don't know how it was done, but you yourself indicate that when you
were there, you did not feel right about doing it.  Was this your
conscience?  It seems like maybe you saw something wrong with it.  On
the other hand, now you indicate that you will do it in honor of Dave
Hansen.  Can you explain what you mean?  What is the message you hope to
convey by waiving the underwear?  Do you just want to hurt Mormons, or
is there something else motivating you?  When you say you will do it in
honor of DaveH, are you saying this in irony, as if you really mean to
hurt Dave?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.