Kevin wrote:
> Does this verse not in essence say: putting off the
> body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of
> Christ: Buried WITH HIM in Baptism, Risen WITH HIM
> through Faith in God's Operation. So in this verse
> Baptized into christ is associated with putting off
> the body of sins of the flesh.

In my statement, I was referring to actual physical dirt, which is what
I think Peter has in mind in 1 Peter 3:21 when he says, "not the putting
away of the filth of the flesh."  You seem to be talking about moral
filth that is put away when we are baptized into Christ.  I agree with
you that this takes place when we are baptized into Christ.  Do you
think that Peter had moral filth in mind and not physical dirt when he
said, ""not the putting away of the filth of the flesh."

Kevin wrote:
> We are baptized INTO Christ
> Buried WITH him in baptism Not washed with him!

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.