Judy wrote:
> You don't see Paul rebuking ppl in Athens do you?

Yes we do.

Act 17:22  Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men
of Athens, I perceive that IN ALL THINGS YE ARE TOO SUPERSTITIOUS.
Act 17:23  For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an
altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye
IGNORANTLY WORSHIP, him declare I unto you.
Act 17:24  God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that
he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Act 17:25  Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed
any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on
all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before
appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel
after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain
also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, WE OUGHT NOT
TO THINK THAT THE GODHEAD IS LIKE UNTO GOLD, OR SILVER, OR STONE, graven
by art and man's device.
Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now
commandeth all men every where to REPENT:
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which HE WILL JUDGE
the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he
hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the
dead.
Act 17:32  And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some
mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
Act 17:33  So Paul departed from among them.
Act 17:34  Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the
which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and
others with them.

Please try to put yourself in the place of those hearing these words.
The message here is not, "God has a wonderful plan for your life.  Let
him into your heart, and he will give you eternal life.  Now everyone,
bow your heads and close your eyes.  No peeking please.  If you would
like God to save you, repeat this prayer after me silently.  Nobody
looking around please."

Instead, we find Paul telling these Athenians directly that they were
too superstitious in EVERYTHING.  He attacked their entire system of
gods.  He said that they were ignorant.  He told them they would be
judged, by Jesus Christ.  He told them they needed to repent. How can
you possibly say, "we don't see Paul rebuking ppl in Athens"?  His
entire message was rebuke, rebuke, rebuke.

I experienced something similar to what happened with Paul in Athens
when I went to Montgomery to the trial of Roy Moore (whose appeal
hearing, btw, is coming up December 22nd).  As I walked around
Montgomery, my spirit was stirred by finding all the monuments to great
men.  The false religion of Secular Humanism stank in the place.  The
monument they had to their "New Millennium" had Romeo and Juliet as the
beginning and source!  When I went to the Federal Court House and saw
Bill Clinton's name etched into the cornerstone of this great and
beautiful Courthouse, and a Greek god was its centerpiece, it was more
than I could bear.  I lifted up my voice and began to declare, "ICHABOD,
ICHABOD, ICHABOD!  THE GLORY OF GOD HAS DEPARTED FROM THIS PLACE!"  I
preached under inspiration of the Holy Spirit on how our system
worshipped the false god of humanity itself.  "The federal judge in this
building orders the Ten Commandments put into a closet and to be hid
from public view, while giving a false Greek god the centerpiece of the
building.  Bill Clinton, who brought disrepute to the office of the
President, is the cornerstone of YOUR building of JUSTICE, but a Supreme
Court Justice is put on trial for giving acknowledgement to God.  The
Ten Commandments written with the very finger of God is ordered to be
put into a closet."  I preached for about 15 minutes until the Federal
Marshal and several officers came and escorted me away.  The testimony
went forth.  That is all we can do.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.