Dean writes:
> Each time I get the shot I get the flu-connection?
> Don't know but it is starting to seem odd.

Yes, there is a connection.  When you get the flu shot, you are
injecting your body with a small amount of the flu virus.  Your body
then builds up anti-bodies to fight the flu.  The idea is that if you do
this about two weeks before being exposed to the flu, then your body
will have already built up a resistance and you won't be knocked down by
it.

I'm not a doctor, but common sense tells me that if you are experiencing
this, you have one of two choices.  1) Don't take the flu shot (not
everyone reacts to it the same way and you seem to be reacting badly to
it), or 2) you might try taking it a few weeks earlier than you normally
do.  If you still get the flu from it, then don't take the shot.

Remember that flu shots are BIG BUSINESS.  It is being marketed to you.
Don't believe that it is going to help you just because of the ads.
Most of the testing of it is done with old people in convalescent homes,
and you don't fall into that category, so the praised results may not be
so applicable to you.

Dean wrote:
> Here are some passages to support my belief of
> a time related separation and are "clear warnings":

Just quoting verses does not prove a case.  Some of these passages we
have brought up to you for why we should not separate.  You seem to
ignore our points about that.  Please considering addressing our points.
Maybe it would be easier to do one at a time, but I will just give a
rough outline of the objections below and if you think it profitable,
let's start with the first one and get into more detail.

Matt:16:6
Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the
Sadducee.  (King Herod's leaven is included at a later time).
3 points:
 1.Take heed (ie. pay attention-see that you listen)
 2. We are to beware (ie to be careful,to be on one's guard)
 3. These mentioned were false teachers-bringing another gospel.

But Jesus never taught separation from Herod or the Pharisees or the
Sadducees.  In fact, he and the twelve apostles practiced just the
opposite, and Jesus even taught his disciples to listen to them because
they sat in Moses's seat.

In Acts we read that it was the custom of the apostles to go into the
synagogue every Sabbath day.  That seems like pretty regular
interaction.

1 Cor 5:1-8
 v.6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven
leaveneth the whole lump.
  Here the fornicator is removed as the sin will spread. "Your glorying"
is shown here as being a feeling of confidence. In short- don't be too
confident as some sin in the mist will spread to others-remove that one.

This concerns actual sin, a crime, not a false teaching.  Where in the
entire Bible is anyone ever put forth from fellowship for FALSE
TEACHING?

Gal.5:7
Ye did run; who did hinder you that ye not should not obey the truth.
Here the brethren fought well but someone hindered then that the not
obey the truth-How v.9 states a "little leaven; leaveneth the whole
lump"-sin is present-those that advocate another doctrine are sinners-in
this case "the law" v.4- was the other doctrine.

Yes, there was some false teaching, but they did not split the church
over it.  They did not say, "you Judaizers go build your church across
the street and leave us alone."  They taught and disputed with one
another and continued to do so.  Where in Galatians does Paul thrust the
Judaizers out of the congregation or command the Galatians to thrust
them out?  Again, this passage seems to support my position and be
against your position.

Matt.7:15
 Beware of false prophets,which come to you in sheep clothing,...
I summit to you that- false teachers-false doctrine-false prophets- are
all the same and many times were interchangeable in the bible.
We are to beware of them,

Yes, beware of them, but do we cut them off for speaking in error?  I
think our mandate is to correct them and bring them away from error by
speaking the truth to them.

Eph 5:6-12

v6.Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things
cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
v.7 Be not ye partakers with them.
In short have nothing to do with them-clear warnings.
v.11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful workers of darkness,but
rather reprove them.
 Judy say we can't reprove them.

We are to reprove SIN, and we are to correct errant teaching.  This
passage deals with SIN in the church.  Sin is not false teaching.  Sin
is an action, not a philosophy or viewpoint.

2 Peter 2:1-22
v.1 Shown as false teachers the same as one that brings another
doctrine.
 v.18 escape from them who live in error.
They are described-we are to to get the heck away from them-not spend
hours each day talking to them.

But read this passage, Dean.  READ IT!

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as
THERE SHALL BE FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU, there shall be false teachers
among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying
the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Notice that the false teachers are "among you" not cast out from you.

2Pe 2:2  And many shall follow their pernicious ways; BY REASON OF WHOM
THE WAY OF TRUTH SHALL BE EVIL SPOKEN OF.

The truth can't be spoken evil of if these false teachers were not among
the believers.  They would be leading a different group somewhere else.

2Pe 2:4  For if God spared not THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, but cast them
down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved
unto judgment;

Notice this casting out concerns angels THAT SINNED, not angels that
taught falsely.

2Pe 2:7  And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of
the wicked:
2Pe 2:8  (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and
hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful
deeds;)
2Pe 2:9  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations,
and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Notice the intermingling of the wicked and the righteous here!

2Pe 2:13  And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that
count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes,
sporting themselves with their own deceivings WHILE THEY FEAST WITH YOU;

Dean, did you see that passage?  WHILE THEY FEAST WITH YOU.  Why does
Peter say that?  Could it be that they are allowed to feast with us and
that his admonition here is not to cast them out but to beware of them?

Again, try giving me just ONE VERSE, not six, JUST ONE, that
specifically tells us to excommunicate those who teach errant doctrine.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.