Blaine wrote:
> Ever hear of  a "normal curve?"

LOL. Yes.  I'm been trained as a statistician, as most scientists are.

Blaine wrote:
> The 8 yr old rule is just a general rule for
> the majority of people.  There are always
> exceptions.

Are you saying that Joseph Smith had this perspective?  Do you have any
quotes with references about this?  Or is this just your way of excusing
Joseph Smith's mistake?

I agree that some develop faster than others, and that some are called
earlier than others, such as John the Baptist being filled from the
womb.  That is why I OBJECT to setting an age of 8 years old on it.  Now
if Joseph Smith said, generally speaking, we should try to convert
children about the time they are 8 years old, then I have no problem.
If he instead is saying don't deal with them UNTIL they are 8, then I
consider that VERY bad advice.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.