In a message dated 3/11/2004 8:48:37 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

jt: I've read that this is a common response and this surprises me since so many
evangelicals and other denominational ppl are promoting this movie by purchasing
big blocks of tickets, as well as attending, some more than once - and I can't see
how this response is glorifying to the Lord. We were slaves of sin and worthless
but since he paid the price to buy is back - believers are now supposed to be the
"righteousness of God in Him"

Have you been born again John?

That is just not a good question.   But the answer is of course.   Here are some biblical facts about our situation.   Our righteousness simply does not cut the grade.   So much so that God HAS to recognize our faith as a substitute for righteous.   Romans 3 teaches that He "reckons or considers our faith to be righteousness."   And why is this necessary  ---  because apart from His divine consideration,  our righteousness  does not get the job done.   There is nothing in Romans 3 that suggests that we are ever or at anytime saved based on our own effort.

Additionally,  James tells us to confess our sins one to another that you might be healed (James 5:16  ).   James sees confession as a part of what Christian do with each other.

I John 1:8 tells us that if we even say that "we are having no sin,"  we deceive ourselves and the truth is not within us.

The flow of the blood of the lamb is CONTINUAL for a reason   ---   because I continue to have sin issues in my life that need covering  --- so do you.

Certainly, in light of this evidence, it is not out of line for a Christian to consider his own lack of worth apart from the wonderful success of the risen Lord and His partnership with us.    I do not walk around in sack-cloth singing the blues.

Isa 51 makes it clear that the path to God involves a broken and contrite heart.   IT IS BROKEN BECAUSE OF OUR REALIZATION THAT OUR SINS GRIEVE THE LORD.

The RCC keeps Christ suffering and on the cross for their own purposes and RC
mystics with strange and weird visions call themselves fulfilling Christ's sufferings
as though when he said "It is finished!" He was talking jabberwocky.

I care not to defend the RCC.   But the Passion has brought millions to a better understanding of just exactly what the Lord went through.   The passages from Isa (was it vince?) that nailed the full picture of the suffering Jesus experienced on that day had nearly as mighty an effect on me as the movie  --- thanks vince for the reminder.

What do we have to offer the world if we are just as sin laden and worthless as
them?  Admission to the RCC?

Nothing.   Good thing Christ died for the world, isn't it.

John