Bill wrote:
> David, I have a 57 k modem, but I usually can only
> connect at around 9600-14400. Will that still work?

There are two levels to the chat.  One is voice.  The other is text.  If
you really are getting connections that slow, you might have some
trouble with audio.  You certainly could participate in the text part of
it.  I don't think it would be a bad idea to give it a try.  You might
check around for alternative dial-up numbers offered by your ISP
provider to make sure you are using one that has the fastest connection.

Following are the system requirements given at PalTalk's website,
www.PalTalk.com:

PalTalk system requirements
Windows 98/Me/NT4 w/SP6/2000/XP/2003*
Intel Pentium 166MHz Processor 16MB of RAM or better.
Internet Connection (28.8kbps modem or better)
Full Duplex sound card required (for Audio)
USB Digital Web Camera (For video, not required for only viewing)

If you are going to try it, it would be best to download and install the
software right away.  That is the thing that will probably take awhile
at your connection speeds.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.