John wrote:
> I put it this way  --
> Before Christ, I practiced sin and committed
> acts of righteousness.
> After the cross in my life, I practice righteousness
> and commit acts of sin.

The problem I have with this definition is that it is contradicted by
the Bible.  Following are just a few of the many passages that should be
considered:

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is
righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the
devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the
Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Whosoever is born of God DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for his seed remaineth in
him: and HE CANNOT SIN, BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD.  In this the children
of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not
righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For
this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should
love one another. (1 John 3:7-11 KJV)

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,
but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the
law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield
yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God
be thanked, that YE WERE THE SERVANTS OF SIN, but ye have obeyed from
the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. BEING THEN MADE
FREE FROM SIN, ye became the servants of righteousness. (Romans 6:14-18
KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.