Bill wrote:
> David, I truly did not write intending to hurt you.

I hope you understand that you did not hurt me in the sense that you
damaged me in some way.  I was hurting because I thought you were saying
that I came across to you as your accuser.  I did not want to do that to
you.  Now that I know that I misunderstood you, there is no problem at
all.

Bill wrote:
> Because of how I felt by what you were saying,
> a pseudo-motive immerged and I missed the actual
> intent; I missed your actual motive. In other words,
> I'm guilty of doing to you in yesterdays post, what
> you were guilty of doing to me in the preceding posts.
> The question is, what are we guilty of?

If you judged the motives of my heart as being evil, then that would be
a moral problem.  On the other hand, if you simply did not understand
what I was trying to communicate, that is not a moral problem.

It really all comes down to love.  If you love me when you are reading
my posts, you will not fall into sin.  This would reflect itself by your
trying to think the best of me and assuming good motivations when there
is some question about it.  Having some doubt about good motivations on
my part would still not be a moral problem, as long as you did not
assume this to be true without checking it out, such as by asking me
about it.

With regard to my reading your post, I see no immorality whatsoever on
my part.  I thought you were associating me with accusing you.  Even in
that, however, I automatically assumed the problem was on my part in
poorly communicating with you.  I felt bad that I had caused you to feel
accused by me.  So, I backed off.  Our problem here seems to me to be
imperfection in regards to knowledge, not imperfection in regards to
morality.  In regards to the moral question, I still love you and you
still love me.  I don't perceive any imperfection in that.

Bill wrote:
> I think the accuser, the real accuser, is picking
> up on whatever that quirk is of our personality type
> and using it to our disadvantage. And so no surprise
> there, right?

Right, and this does go on often, as the accuser loves to cause trouble
and divide friends.  I am sure that the accuser is at work behind the
scenes to rob others of the truth that you and I have to share with
others.

Bill wrote:
> I don't think this is necessarily a sin problem,
> but I do think it has moral implications. It is
> certainly an imperfection on my part. What do you
> think about this?

I see an imperfection in knowledge and understanding, but not in regards
to morality.  From my perspective, the moral question comes into play
when we consider our reaction to situations like this.  If we divide
from one another as enemies and hate one another because of the
misunderstanding, then we would be guilty of sin.  On the other hand, if
we just have some misunderstanding between us and we clear it up with a
sentence or two, then there is no problem.  I'm not hurt at all now that
I know that you did not feel that I was accusing you.  You did indicate
in this post that you felt attacked somewhat by my post.  Hey, so what,
I understand that.  I was challenging your viewpoint.  I get those
feelings too sometimes when people challenge me, but when we put those
selfish feelings aside and operate in love rather than in response to
those feelings, then we have the victory.  The fact that you are walking
in love toward me, rather than yielding to those feelings of being
attacked indicates to me that the love of Christ has victory over your
flesh in this matter.  The flesh would either bolt away and give up
trying to talk with me, or it would fight angrily and try to hurt me
back.  You have chosen the path of love, so despite the
misunderstandings, I do not believe that you have failed morally in this
way.  I consider you perfect in regards to the moral issues involved
here.

Now when I say "perfect," I don't mean that there might not be better
ways that both you and I will grow into.  I just mean that there is no
darkness there.  We talk about Jesus being perfect when he lived on the
earth, even as a child, yet the Scriptures speak about him growing and
learning obedience through his suffering on this earth.  Clearly, then,
we grow as Christ also grew.  Speaking of perfection in regards to
morality simply means that there is no darkness.  Our light, however,
can grow brighter and brighter unto the perfect day.  There are good
ways of doing things and there are better ways of doing things, and we
will always grow and learn better ways as we walk in moral perfection.
This attitude of always pressing forward to the high mark and always
growing is the attitude of those who are perfect.

I often think of little children.  They don't always do things so well,
but sometimes in their simplicity, we see absolute perfection, not
because it is the best, but because of the absence of darkness.  People
often admire young children.  It seems those who are older among us
admire them the most.  We truly look at young children as perfect
sometimes.  Why?  Not because they are so great and mighty, but because
they have not yet been spoiled by the world in which we live. This is
the sense in which we might use the word perfect concerning the morality
that Christ works within us.  I may not be living like Christ did when
he was 30, but maybe, just maybe, the life being manifested through me
right now is like he was when he was 5 years old.  Do you understand
what I am trying to say?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

p.s. Judy, you might want to point out how terrible children can be... I
know, I have five children... I'm just talking about certain specific
situations when they just seem like little angels.  :-)  When I bring
them to a nursing home to visit, the elder people there just light up
like candles.  I know that you know what I'm talking about.