In a message dated 5/6/2004 10:46:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Instant reality or a continuing process?   Grace is needed in the second senario and not at all in the first.  John

DAVEH:  When I first made the comment, it was in jest.  Since your more serious reply though, I wonder if you think grace was in effect when Jesus gave the commandment?

Hey  - I am still laughing from earlier this evening.  but to answer your question  I am going to say that it was not there as a part of the New Covenant, replacing law keeping as the standard of measurement (law is by definition, a standard of measurement).

Didn't mean to get morbid on you.

John