I know that at least Izzy read one because she wrote it. Has anyone else read a book that shed a little light on life 'n stuff?
I occasionally get the sense that invoking the name of an author with (some) TTers precipitates a sense of dread or, even idolotry.
When you hear a preacher, teacher, read a book, have a conversation, watch a movie/TV, etc. your understanding of reality (including Scripture&God) are altered.
Lighten up will ya? Capon, Torrance, Polanyi will not lead you by the nose into heresy. (you could prove that for yourself).
Though I was both puzzled and amused by DM's response to Capon I did appreciate his "speaking in defence of God" (God doesn't need your defending David, really).
If you believe that I, or any other participant of TT, say little or nothing worthy of serious engagement then, just ignore, delete and move on. Blessings, Lance