TPW, You are my most favorite Pagan. It was nice talking to you when David
had the chatline.  Although, true to your gender, all you seemed to tune in
for was hitting on the chicks that came by. :-)  Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Arsene Lupin
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 6:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [TruthTalk] Why women are excellent teachers.

I have been lurking still in the background and now cannot help it but see
that some are intimidated by the female gender being teachers when it comes
to spiritual matters.

And of course I will speak my piece upon the matter.

Out of respect I will forgo the Pagan argument that divinity is apparent in
both genders as it does come in conflict in the Judeo-christian patheon who
have genderless (Angels)  to male (God).

Women in any culture have demonstrated a strong affinity for spiritual
matters, including Christianity. From the various examples in the OT, right
down to the NT and many others in history, ranging from nuns, to the odd
wild talent that have stigmata.

Women are natural teachers due to the maternal instinct. More so than the
male in respects that they through the course of history have been called
upon to rear the young, while the men either hunted, made war or made merry
with the guys down at the sports bar.

But I digress...

No, The one point I wish to make about why I think women make excellent
teachers is that the feminine intuition paired with the natural tendency to
mature faster after carrying a child. The maternal instinct shapes and
pushes the mother to mature in ways that remove foolish distractions, that
bring a type of realistic outlook upon all matters, including the spirit.

Unlike men, who even at the age of 99 years of age would still act at times
like a naughty schoolboy as sad and as charming as it may sound.

No women, mistress of the hearth and home have no time for pointless
pursuits. Why waste time on fruitless endeavours when they must tend to more

pressing and fundemental matters. They also Understand selflessness since
they are often asked to do it and know the needs of every member of their
household, not because they want to either. In many cases they have no other

choice.

I ask of those who "want no part of women teaching them" to please
reconsider. Your own mothers (You all came from a human woman. You were not
hatched.) taught you as you were young. They taught you to the best of their

ability, and must be saddened when they hear you spew such mysogenic venom
against the female gender.

Don't forget your own god's words...

Proverbs 5:18-19
Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee

at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

But is this debate about whom is better than whom? I think not...

1 Corinthians 7:3
Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the
wife unto the husband.

And for good measure...

Ephesians 5:33
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as
himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Just a thought. I know a wife is a partner in life. And if you can't learn
from that special person...then why are you with them in the first place?

TPW

MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines