judyt

From: "ShieldsFamily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Thanks to you all for your prayers.  I have not yet heard anything back from them, but assume no news is good news.  I try not to call there (Georgia) in case Shirley has had an opportunity to get a few moments of sleep.  I received peace about it early this morning, that all will be well. Keep those prayers coming if you think of her!

This brings to mind what I think is the greatest lesson the Lord has taught me in the past few years.  He has shown me that I should realize that every trial and tribulation that He allows (not sends, necessarily, but allows) is for a purpose: (1) to test my faith, (2) to refine and strengthen me, and ultimately to (3) bring glory to Jesus Christ.  The only way I can turn satan’s attacks into glory to Jesus is by (1) accepting that the Lord has allowed this for a greater good, (2) walking in faith, believing this, and (3) thanking Him for loving me enough to discipline/refine/strengthen me, and purify me from any sin in my own life.

I was always taught by the church the Job was just an Old Testament rarity.  But the Lord has shown me that Job is a pattern for everyone who, like Job, walks in righteousness.   Satan will ask to sift us, and the Lord will give him permission, at one point or another (probably many times) in our lives.  Everyone in this world will suffer.  We who are in Christ have the privilege of meaningful suffering—for our ultimate purification, and His ultimate Glory.  Now when He allows or sends suffering into my life I subject myself to His loving hand, fall on my face before Him, and thank Him that He loves me enough to discipline me as a loving Father disciplines His child, or as a Father who is teaching me to walk in faith to turn the arrows of satan into trophies for the glory of Christ.  Every temptation, attack, or trail that satan sends into my life is a wonderful opportunity to turn that evil thing into a trophy for Jesus! Life is a test; it is only a test.  We can use it to glorify Him or the devil—our choice.  I choose to glorify Jesus, by His strength and His power and His Spirit, amen.  When I am weak, HE is strong. Praise the Name of Jesus!

Izzy