\o/ !HALALU Yah! \o/

JOYOUS Sabbath Greetings in the Matchless Name of YahShua !

My background was in the midst of the growing 'Jesus' movement right in my backyard from 1970.  I was part of it both in the foreground and moreso in the background.  I knew many of todays "contemporary Christian" stars before very many knew them at all.

Dylan was pushed and cajoled to use his fame to preach Jesus.  His excellent songs, singing and concerts emphasizing his new found faith were not enough for them.  They wanted him to preach and be like Billy Graham.  He has never been a speaker but they wanted him to be a preacher.  The same thing happened with BJ Thomas and there have been others in similar straits (not of the straight and narrow variety).

Dylan fell victim to evangelicals pushing him to preach rather than establishing him in the faith, and he departed for Judaism which is not "pushy" driven.

It is an oft repeated error since the 2nd century ... hence "church fathers" leading away from the faith once delivered.  You see, the "rock stars" from the early centuries of the common era were the philosophers.  Justin Martyr and Tertullian (as well as countless others) were pagan philosophers pressed into evangelical service and made LEADERS (despite Rav Shaul's admonition in I Timothy 3:6) immediately upon their conversion.  THAT is why Christianity became mixed with paganism, because pagans were just trying to reconcile their new found faith with their old pagan ways.  THAT is whence and why came the polytheism-wrapped-in-monotheistic-wrappings trinity (just for starters).

I saw it happening with Dylan ... I spoke against it ... I was not at all surprised at what happened ... although Dylan is responsible for his own decisions there are MANY (including many leaders) who bear much responsibility for the decision he made.

Shabbat Shalom!

Ahava b' YahShua

(Love in The SAVIOUR)

Baruch YHVH,