Interesting you should raze me about not finishing a discussion. Let me quote just your last email to help explain why.... Since holy days are out the window, what is the point of this discussion (17 Oct 2004 11.58). With comments like this, why should I continue? I decided to drop the topic with you altogether until I read some of the other emails on this topic. Why continue the discussion when it's clear it's a waste of time? Time is a commodity and I would rather spend it on someone interesting in observing alternate ideas instead of the standard Dogmatics.

Speaking of snipers, how about this one... "Or is it a better idea to look to an English definition for this Hebrew word" (17 Oct 2004 11.26)? or this one... even if we allow for some sort of legalist application, what is the point of this discussion (17 Oct 2004 11.58)? While it can be helpful to throw a pun into the conversation (the former quote in this paragraph) in order to produce thought and change, it doesn't always work out that way. This comment... this time... brought me back to Young's and Strong's because the Hebrew text implies an imprinting. Thanks for helping me out, even if it was unintentional

As far as my comment "your misinterpretation/misrepresentation of Col 2" in relation to Gary's email, I said what I said because he indicates a near-180° departure from Paul's apparent intent (yes... apparent to me). And your close with "Whatever" (17 Oct, 2004 11.58) is equally charming. Whenever my teenage daughter says it, I receive it as intended... highly disrespectful.

By the way, I blew off Gary's and your comments about the worthlessness of the conversation because the "feast days are done away with." That was not the intent of the conversation and I made that perfectly clear at the beginning. Why tread over the same beaten trail again? It didn't do any good the first time, the second time, nor the third time. In fact, when I used to speak in favor of the feast days back in the Glenn Tabor Days of TruthTalk, it did no good then either. In fact, Glenn told me I deserved to go straight to Hell (perhaps I was a bit more crass then).

What I wanted to do was discuss the concept: "What action is the command requesting from us?"
Or in the case of your theology, "What action did the commandment request from us?"

Are you willing?

-- slade