In a message dated 12/13/2005 9:03:40 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Then why put them on the "House of the lord"?

Blainerb:   Hmm, well it goes like this, Kevin:  One of the names of Jesus Christ is "The Bright and Morning Star."'  He has also been called Wonderful,  Counselor,  the King of Heaven, the Creator, the Prince of Peace, the Lamb of God, etc.  Have you ever heard or read about him being called  "the cross?"  or, "The old Rugged Cross?"
  Stars are higher than crosses.  Stars are more beautiful than crosses.  Stars represent where we want to be after we leave this Vail of Tears.  Most Christians would like it better if we put crosses on our temples.  But we don't because, we are trying to be more like Jesus, and he was perhaps the most independently minded person to walk the earth.  We are not trying to be like everyone else, we are simply doing what we think most appropriate, considering we idolize and worship Jesus Christ.  We like stars better than crosses--why is that an arrow in your side?  Why does that offend you?