Dean Moore wrote:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 12/13/2005 9:22:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Beams and Motes

I do not agree, Iz.  In fact, I would say not very perceptive at all.  There are sins of commission and there are sins of omission, and it is not too hard to find one or the other in any post on TT.     I stand by my statement that it is hard for us to see ourselves as others see us, and if that statement is true, it is also hard for us to see ourselves as the Lord sees us.  I would suggest as an eye opener, that anyone on here who thinks that they are squeaky clean in the eyes of the Lord do the following:  Go back over your last twenty posts.  Examine them closely.  See if there is any meekness, any humility in any of them.  Then look again.  See if you can see any love for others in your words.  Finally, look again, this time to see how well you have managed to edify the Saints that you have been talking with, or down  to.  If seventy percent is a passing grade, you should see these things in at least fourteen of your posts.

I am a mis erable failure.  How much better are you and Judy doing?
Terry

cd: How does this passage fit into to your above statement? Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate. He that hath a ear let him hear the Spirit said unto the Churches;... Kinda gets confusion if one adds this to a lovey dovey religion huh? Nicolaitanes were make believe Christians-as are Mormons.

I think it fits very well, Dean.  I hate the deeds of the Mormons, but I do not hate them.  I pray, though not often enough, for Dave to see the truth.  I would love to be certain that he was my brother.  Right now I am fairly certain he will spend eternity in Hell, and I don't even want that for Ted Kennedy, much less anyone I know.  I think the confusion comes when we sneer and mock those with whom we disagree .  Jesus did not agree with those who would praise Him one day and call for His crucifixtion shortly thereafter. Yet He did not stop loving them.  He told us how He would rather take them under His wing and protect them than condemn them to Hell.  If you call that lovey dovey religeon, count me as lovey dovey.By the way, I have seen some love for others in your posts.  I think I will probably see more of it as you grow in Christ.  Right now, the fervor to love ratio justs seems a little out of whack.  Maybe we can both try harder.
Terry