That is exactly what I am talking about, David.  Jesus said "You have heard it said that you should love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I tell you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you."  Jesus is saying to change.  Stop doing it the way you have been taught.  I have a better way.
Why did the Jews teach this?  Look at Leviticus 19:18.  It forbids hard feelings or bad brhavior toward your neighbor, but there is nothing there about the enemy.
If you doubt that, look at Samson.  He killed a thousand enemies with the jawbone of an ass.  After he had killed nine hundred and ninety- nine, don't you think the thousanth one asked for mercy?  Don't you think Samson could have taken him prisoner instead of taking his life.  Look at King Saul.  God was with him until he showed mercy to an enemy king.
I know that somewhere in proverbs we are told to feed our ememy, but the reason given is not love.

David Miller wrote:
Terry wrote:

I was not talking about divorce or brothers
or neighbors..  I was talking about enemies.

Again, when you say, "old law," are you talking about the law of Moses?

What "old law" allows a person to hate their enemies?  I hope you are not
talking about the Torah.

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed.  If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.