I don't think so,Marlin.  What some are saying is "Lets get drunk and make an ass of ourselves at the Christmas party".  Some are saying, "Diamonds are forever".  Others are saying, "More stuff will make me happy".
Some kids will get way too much today.  Others will get far too little.  Very few will spend much of today celebrating the Gift God gave all mankind.

Marlin halverson wrote:
1.) Christ    2.) Mass

  I think we all know that "Christ" refers to God's Son Jesus. The word "Mass" comes from Old English mæsse, a modification of (assumed) Vulgar Latin messa from the Late Latin missa, literally meaning "dismissal"; as in at the end of a religious service. The Middle English Christemasse, comes from Old English Cristes mæsse, literally, Christ's mass - shortened to "Christ-mas". Meaning the "dismissal" or passing away of Christ; or more directly, the death of Christ. Those who understand a bit about the Catholic religion realize that the "Mass" always refers to the sacrificial death of Christ. The word "Christmas" comes from the Roman Catholic ritual.

  Folks walk around this time of year saying "Merry Christmas!" to each other. I wonder if it occurs to anyone they are saying "Merry Death of Christ."
Maranatha