On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:32:45 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
And I agree with Debbie's analysis of the difficulty experienced by Judy.  In addition,  I think Judy's attachment to her thinking concerning the "generational curse" is a huge problem as well.

Not for me JD; the problem is yours and Debbie's.  Her wisdom comes by way of TFT and mine from God's
Holy Word.  The curse of the law is a present day reality - as is generational curses.  You don't have to accept that but they are working in you and in your children as we speak.

As for me,  I just do not see a change in human nature with the event of the fall.   In fact, the fall is only possible because of a nature that provided for the opportunity of disobedience.   How is that not true?

Oh well, you haven't been reading your Bible very well.  What about the first murder and the fact that within just
a few generations God saw the need to destroy the whole shooting match - except for one family.

I have said this several times before and I say it again:  in all of my reading, to date,  I have yet to discover an actual apologetic for the theology of the "fall."   Does such exist?  How could it not?   But so far, I can't even find the pickle.   Where's the beef, I say ?? !!

It's all through the Bible - Your reading must be selective along with the fact that you obviously don't have eyes to see.

I hate to couch the  rise of a budding theologian in terms of specific and/or unique contributions, fearing an attachment to "gimmick" theology,  but Bill (or someone) has a perfect chance to contribute in the most meaningful of ways in this regard.   A book or paper entitled "A Theology of the 'Fall'" or "In Defense of the 'Fall'"
or "The 'Fall' Is Not Just A Postulated Truth,"  or ..................  well , you get the picture.   Currently, it appears to me that the "Fall" is an assumption ,  even in Barth  !!

Who would want to "defend it"  Much better to write a paper entitled "Reconciliation in and through Christ"
Of course my paper would be vastly different from yours, Lances, Debbies, and Bills.

Understand,  I have been in this theological persuasion for little more than a year.  There is much (even in Barth) that I have not read.  Actually,  "much" is an understatement of grand proportions.   But I have looked for such an explanation without success.  jd

Poison JD, and remember only a little bit of arsenic is all it takes to ruin a good steak.