On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:57:32 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Jesus fulfilled God's Law
and we are also to fulfill it through Him .. and this is not - He does it and we get the credit while
still in our mess.  It is He gave us the example and we follow "in His steps" to do likewise.  judyt

Really !!   This will make no difference to you, I am sure, but it does to me:   I Cor 1:30  "But of Him you are in Christ Jesus,  who became for us widom from God --  AND righteousness AND sancitification AND redemption."   HE  is all of this FOR US.

He is all this for us ONLY as we walk after the Spirit JD which means we walk as he walked in obedience
to the Father.

In Eph 2:15-16 we are told that the reconciliation accomplished in Christ ABOLISHED the enmity that is the law of commandments contained in the ordances.   This is the same "Law of Moses"  that Peter tells the council at Jerusalem is a burden greater than any could bear !!   (Acts 15:5-11).

The ordinances had to do with the Levitical Priesthood - not God's moral law JD. You need to read Hebrews
more closely and ask God to show you the difference.

The old covenant is declared to be [already] OBSOLETE and passing away  in Heb 8:13.

Yes the sacrifices and feasts are now history; we have one eternal sacrifice which replaces them.

And when did this happen?  AT THE CROSS  (Heb 9:15.).   Christ lived and died under the law of His Father.
We live and die under the law of Christ.

And the law of Christ fulfills the law of His Father so tell me what is the difference?

A Spirit filled Paul writes to a Spirit filled Christian church and argues that if righteousness came by Spirit filled folk obeying the law,  then Christ died needlessly  (Gal 2:21.)

A Spirit filled John wrote that "Sin is transgressing the law"  So tell me JD, how does one transgress what
has been completely done away with.  If it is gone already then how can one transgress against it? (1 Jn 3:4)
I know you have done away with God's law JD; but it does not look to me like God has.

You and those on this forum who buy into your doctrine can offer no hope to those addicted to sin
(aren't we all !!!??)

No we are not all addicted to sin.  You speak for yourself only JD.  I die daily to sin and live by the faith of the
son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.  I am dead to sin and alive to righteousness.

because you have no clue as to the difference between law and grace.  When you guys get through with your "explanation,"   THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE !!

I have a different definition of grace than you do JD. For me it is not a cloak for sin - it is the ability through
the power of the cross to overcome sin.  Grace gives us the power to do as we should and to love the unlovely..

From: Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
As different as the old God is from your own specialized new god JD
Why is His Law which is holy, just, and good, such a threat to you?  I find this a curiosity. Since
God's law reflects His nature and character.  How can one profess to love Him and ATST
reject His Word?  You explain.  The Words Jesus spoke were the Father's.  The standard for
a new covenant believer is higher than that of the scribes and pharisees under the Law - So
your doctrine of "sin covering grace" will not stand under scrutiny JD.  Jesus fulfilled God's Law