And I think that you can duplicate what is written if you do not profit from it and/or it is not duplicated as a course of business  (as a church does with their singing or a buisness does with the birthday song  --  have you noticed that no business actually sings "Happy birthday to you .."  It is because of the stinking law.)    What G does is not in view.   My Son is a worhsip leader and has his own band   ---------------    I will ask him.  He will know because he is a State and Valley wrestling champion who sings.

jd

From: Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
It is my understanding that you may post - print PORTIONS not complete works.

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DaveH asks Gary:
> You've repeatedly posted copyright material
> on TT. Doesn't that violate copyright restrictions?

I'm not a lawyer, Dave, but my understanding is that there is no problem
with copying portions of an author's material for noncommercial use. The
copyright laws are meant to protect the author from Gary going out and
trying to make money off of the author's work.. There also would be another
problem, and that is if Gary's activity somehow hurt the author's sales.
For example, if people did not need to buy the author's work because Gary
provided it to them free of charge. Posting lyrics to songs on TruthTalk
does not damage the author from my perspective. If anything, it might
provide free advertising for him, maybe even help his sales if people get
interested in the author's work because of what Gary has posted. The bottom
line is that one must look at whether or not any damage is done to the
author when copying his material.

David Miller

Yahoo! Mail