Thanks to all for helping me w/ my Linux install last night.  When I
plugged it into my Linksys DSL router here at home it stalled during the
bootup process at "Bringing up interface eth0" & then after a couple
minutes gave me the error message "Determining IP information for eth0
failed."  The cable seems to be firmly seated into both the network card &
the router, but while it is trying to bring up the ethernet inferface only
the LinkAct light on the Linksys router comes on (which to me seems to
indicate that it's not communicating w/ the router very well).

Anyone have ideas as to what I could try to get this to work?  Thanks.  marc.

Marc Becker
Assistant Professor of History
Truman State University
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www2.truman.edu/~marc