On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 08:11:56PM -0600, Jon Beck wrote:
> I use mutt as my mail user agent. Sometimes, people send me mail
> messages encoded as text/html. I can read the messages easily, as I
> have an entry in my $HOME/.mailcap file:
>
> text/html; lynx %s; nametemplate=%s.html
>
> This calls lynx to be the pager for this type of message. However,
> if I wish to reply to this message, the text in the message does not
> appear in the editor. When I reply to a normal text/plain message,
> the original message is included into the editor, marked with "> ".
> How do I get the text of a text/html message into the editor when I
> reply?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> --

I don't know the answer (but now that you mention it, I would
like one too).  I do know that w3m has a -dump flag which will
output the formatted page.  My version only works from files (and
not for streams) but that may be fixed in a newer version.

It could certainly be the beginning of a solution.

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>