On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 07:49:29PM -0500, Benjamin Story wrote:
> Do yourself a favor and filter the group off into a folder.
> The reason that we switched to an e-mail based format is that
> people are more likely to interact.  If you need help setting
> up procmail, let us know.

He's right there.  People were much more likely to interact on
a mailing list.  We used to have a newsgroup, but it's only good
if people check it.  This way stuff comes to you.

Historically even the mailing list has not meen so well-used.  It
generally has bursts (like now at the beginning of a semester)
and fades until it is mostly announcements of the next meeting.

At least it is very easy to filter the traffic since all posts
have [tslug] in the subject line.  I see you are sending you mail
from Campus Pipeline.  In the mail window, you should create a
new folder for tslug mail, then choose Options->Filters->Create
Filter.  Set "Subject begins with: [tslug]" to go into your new
folder.

That should make things much more manageable.

Don

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>