I was planning on updating my website tonight, but I am encountering some
interesting problems. I first connected with the "ftp" command, logged in
successfully, but could not get a directory listing. Typing "ls" or "dir"
results in the message "227 Entering Passive Mode
(65,57,234,170,224,168)." which is normal, but then the connection times
out. Next I logged in anonomyously with a similiar result.
I tried lftp and the same thing happend. So I grudely started X up and
tried gftp, which also timed out. Next I sshed to gold and connected to my
site from there and could get the listing with no problem, which leads me
to believe that things are working fine on that end. I can ftp to
normally other sites, tux.org for example. Basically I'm wondering if
there is an easy way to determine if the problem is a result of my
configuration or ITS.
Thanks,
Brandon