Speaking of RAM disks, someone mentioned encrypted filesystems.
If such a thing interests you, I would recommend that you check
out BestCrypt ( http://www.jetico.com/index.htm#/linux.htm ).  It
is the most straightforward of all the encrypted filesystem
products I have looked at.

There are fully-functional no-cost downloads of the software
which for Linux come with full source.  The license requires you
to purchase the software after a 30 day trial period (I believe
this is relatively new for the Linux versions which were no-cost
at one time).

A single user license is: $49.95 for Linux and $89.95 for
Windows.  As I understand it, they use compatible file formats so
a filesystem can be moved between them.

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>