You might want to check out xsmbrowser. I've used it pretty frequently. It
a set of scripts that run on top of the command line tools and offers a
graphical frontend. It is basically "installed" by unpacking the tar.gz
file and then running the script by going to the directory where it is at
and typing ./xsmbrowser&

It is available from http://www.public.iastate.edu/~chadspen/install.html
or I have it shared at \\mh333001\Downloads, so it can be saved while in
Windows and accessed from Linux.

Another program that I've used in the past is called gnomba. It was
similar, but it didn't work well with WINS.

If you still need to set up samba probably the easiest thing to do is use
SWAT. This is a browser based configuration utility. If you don't have it
installed there should be an rpm file of it on one of the RedHat cd's once
it is installed go to http://localhost:901 from your machine. The WINS
server for Truman has been changed to 150.243.160.1 this year. The local
master and domain master options should be set to false as well.

-- Brandon