Are you planning to wipe out the older Linux or install over? Do you currently
have red hat? What version?

Have you tried booting up the computer from the CDs? Just have the first one
in the CD-ROM drive when you boot the computer up. Sometimes this does not
work correctly because your BIOS isn't setup to opt to boot from the CD-ROM
drive before it boots from the hard drive. If that is the case you have to
change the BIOS settings, which means pressing a button something like F2 or
DEL as the computer boots (it usually says what button to push as it boots)
and then scrolling around the settings until you see somethinb about boot
order.

Nice to see this list used for this sort of thing, its part of what its here
for.

--
Ian Monroe
http://www.monroe.nu