On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:30:34PM -0500, Alexander Horn wrote:
> Yesterday, Ian and I did some research on the CoreWars tournament we
> are planing to have between the three other CS organizations. Checking
> out the only recent documentations on Redcode?s current standard we
> could find (the ?assembly? language used to program the warrior)
> <http://www.sci.fi/~iltzu/corewar/guide.html> there is the question
> whether we don?t want to look for something more suited for a higher
> level programming language. Give some input on this subject. Thanks.

I think the point is specifically that we don't want a high level
language.  No one wants to claim ultimate superiority in Lisp
wars or Modula 2 wars; or given our recent thread Cobol wars.
The whole point of core wars is the crudeness, that sense of
getting down to the nitty gritty.  If you can be clever in that
context, you can count yourself clever.

Don

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>