Thanks to everyone for making the Installfest a success. It was good to see so many folks having Linux installed, others for coming down to help, and some providing Star Wars and soda. I believe we had a pretty high rate of success. And given that it lasted more then 7 hours, I think it went by pretty quickly.

This Wednesday in Violette Hall 1232 at 6:30 we will be having a TSLUG meeting as usual. Nate and I decided it would be good to have a meeting devoted to help finish up work done at the installfest. So, lets say you got Linux installed but something doesn't quite work right, or you just want some pointers on how to use it, you can bring your computer in. Some issues I was thinking of include the Gentoo installs did not finish so might need some help, the SuSE's we installed do not have a Gaim version able to connect to MSN, enabling Java to connect to Pipeline, etc.

If you don't want to lug your computer in, you can just enable remote access (via SSH and/or VNC if you know how to) or we can just try to answer your questions. Don't worry about brining your monitor, especially if your X Windows is already configured.

Also don't hesitate to post questions with the necessary information to this TSLUG list.

Ian Monroe