Title: Mailman config problem, the sequel
Howdy.

     I think I solved all the moodle server's Mailman configuration problems I wrote about in my message ("Mailman config problem") last Sunday.  Mailman seems to work a-OK now, except for one odd problem: any listserv-related message that the moodle server sends gets the "To:" return address wrong if the recipient has a truman.edu address- the return address incorrectly ends in "truman.edu," rather than in "moodle.truman.edu."  Any such message, however, has the right return address (ending in moodle.truman.edu) if the recipient has a non-truman.edu address.
     Here's an example:
  • Suppose a listserv named "test" exists on the moodle server.
  • Any listserv message the moodle server sends to a truman.edu address has in its "To:" field the incorrect address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"), rather than "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
  • Any listserv message the moodle server sends to a non-truman.edu address, on the other hand, has in its "To:" field the correct address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]").

     The problem, of course, is that truman.edu folks who automatically hit reply to listserv messages are going to end up sending them to the wrong place: to [EMAIL PROTECTED], rather than to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     Do you know why the messages moodle's Mailman sends to truman.edu addresses have [EMAIL PROTECTED], rather than [EMAIL PROTECTED], as their return addresses?  Is there some configuration value for exim that I need to change?  (I have the "qualify_domain" variable for exim.conf set as moodle.truman.edu, and the DEFAULT_HOST_NAME variable for the Mailman config file mm_cfg.py set as moodle.truman.edu).  Thanks for the advice.

--- Chad

This message has been 'sanitized'. This means that potentially dangerous content has been rewritten or removed. The following log describes which actions were taken.

Sanitizer (start="1079168286"):
  Part (pos="1196"):
    ParseHeader ():
      Ignored junk while parsing header:

    SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.txt", mimetype="text/plain"):
      Match (names="unnamed.txt", rule="2"):
        Enforced policy: accept

  Part (pos="3155"):
    SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.html", mimetype="text/html"):
      Match (names="unnamed.html", rule="3"):
        ScanFile (file="/var/spool/quarantine/att-unnamed.html-4052cd1e.KN"):
          Scan succeeded, file is clean.

        Enforced policy: accept

Anomy 0.0.0 : Sanitizer.pm $Id: Sanitizer.pm,v 1.79 2003/06/19 19:22:00 bre Exp $