I haven't posted in quite a while, but this looked interesting. I agree that it
might also be a good time to address the "Linux" part of the name since you have
to change it any way. I go to Iowa State now and the group here has decided to
be called AmesFUG, with FUG standing for Free Unix Group. Of course, this
solution also poses problems since GNU's NOT Unix! ;-) However if you are
wanting to broaden the focus of the group to include *BSD, some variation of
this might be a good choice.

A path might also be an interesting choice, for example, /bin/klug. Also
something that sounds like a name might be amusing the "Kirk V. Fug", which
could then optionally be shortened to something like KVF(UG)?.

--Brandon