And I guess I should have put what the Ant Executor (client) would use:

Director d = new Director(new CheckstylePropertyConverter());
d.readProperties(getProject().getProperties());

// This would get the checkstyle properties which then could be written
// out to a file or whatever, it seems your implementation use files to
// pass the proeprties.
Properties p = d.getProperties();

I just noticed in my PropertyConverter interface I left out the public
method getProperties() but I think you get the idea.