Hi everyone,

Even though I am not a committer, I call a vote on this one..;)

I am working on integration of Maven in Eclipse (and maybe later
netbeans)
One of the biggest problems is that I cannot ask Maven all the
information about properties that you can set to override the default
behaviour. Since there is property documentation in an xdocs xml file, I
had a an idea :
Move the property information to eg a properties.xml in a the format,
which you can easily use to generate the documentation and to actually
parse the file for generating a gui on the fly in an IDE.
<properties>
 <group name="User Settings">
  <group-description>blah</group-description>
   <property>
        <name>lib.repo</name>
        <type>String/Dir/boolean</type>
        <optional>true</optional>
        <description>blahblah</description>
   </property>
 </group>
</properties>

This is my general idea of the setup (naming conventions could be
better, but since I don't have any brain, I leave that people with a
brain)
All the tags can be used for documentation generation, so I will not
mention that at every point mentioned below.
- I need the groupname and description to generate the tabs/settings
pages for those properties.
- I need the group-description for (online) help
- I need the property name to know what to read (and where)
- I need the type to determine what people can fill in
- I need to need if the thing is optional.
- I need to know the description to explain what the option is for

This way I don't have to recode all the properties and doing work that
is already been done, although in a bit of different way.

Can someone please provide feedback for this, since I will not create
this without review/discussion and to be said no to after I finish it.
So if you think it is not the right solution : come up with another or
better one , since this kind of stuff is really necessary for usefull
maven IDE integration.

I'll say to all : Let the voting begin ;)

Mvgr,
Martin