Vincent, jarResources is used to copy resources to the target/classes
directory when doing a compile.....Or did last time I checked....if this is
not happening, it's because functionality has been removed. I'll look at
this this arvo and get back to you, but the jar resources are there for
this reason, so I'm -1 on any POM change for it.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    "Vincent

                    Massol"              To:     "'Turbine Maven Developers List'"

                    <vmassol@octo.        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    com>                 cc:

                                         Subject:     [PROPOSAL] Including resources
in compile paths (main jar
                    05/31/02 07:06        and tests)

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Turbine

                    Maven

                    Developers

                    List"

Hi,

I have a problem with one problem I am mavenizing. It needs some
resources (properties and xml files) put in its generated jar. Also, the
junit test cases expect some resources files (xml, properties, etc) to
be in the test class directories.

I have had a look at jarResources but it seems to be for a different use
(it simply copies resource file to the jar and not to the generated
class directory).

I think this is a very common case ... Actually, so common, that I may
be missing something. Am I ?

I would like to propose either :

1/ the addition to some (optional) elements in the POM, as in :

    <resourcePatterns>
      <resourcePattern>include = **/*.properties</resourcePattern>

      <resourcePattern>include = **/*.xml</resourcePattern>
    </resourcePatterns>

    <resourceTestPatterns>
      <resourceTestPattern>include =
**/*.properties</resourceTestPattern>
      <resourceTestPattern>include = **/*.xml</resourceTestPattern>
    </resourceTestPatterns>

(in the same spirit as <unitTestPatterns>)

or

2/ the addition of some Ant properties, as in :

maven.compile.resourcePatterns = **/*.properties,**/*.xml
maven.compile.resourceTestPatterns = **/*.properties,**/*.xml

My preference goes to 1/. Please tell me what you prefer and I'll submit
a patch.

Thanks
-Vincent

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>