If we're going to put the patterns in the POM, why not the directory they
come from/are based in?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    Jason van Zyl

                    <jvanzyl@zenpl       To:     Turbine Maven Developers List

                    ex.com>               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:

                    05/31/02 01:11       Subject:     Re: [PROPOSAL] Including
resources in compile paths (main
                    PM                    jar and     tests)

                    Please respond

                    to "Turbine

                    Maven

                    Developers

                    List"

On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 23:07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Vincent, jarResources is used to copy resources to the target/classes
> directory when doing a compile.....Or did last time I checked....if this
is
> not happening, it's because functionality has been removed. I'll look at
> this this arvo and get back to you, but the jar resources are there for
> this reason, so I'm -1 on any POM change for it.

That element should probably be renamed though. I like Vincent's naming
scheme better then what's there.

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> Developers: http://adslgateway.multitask.com.au/developers
>

>                     "Vincent

>                     Massol"              To:     "'Turbine Maven
Developers List'"
>                     <vmassol@octo.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>                     com>                 cc:

>                                          Subject:     [PROPOSAL]
Including resources in compile paths (main jar
>                     05/31/02 07:06        and tests)

>                     AM

>                     Please respond

>                     to "Turbine

>                     Maven

>                     Developers

>                     List"

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with one problem I am mavenizing. It needs some
> resources (properties and xml files) put in its generated jar. Also, the
> junit test cases expect some resources files (xml, properties, etc) to
> be in the test class directories.
>
> I have had a look at jarResources but it seems to be for a different use
> (it simply copies resource file to the jar and not to the generated
> class directory).
>
> I think this is a very common case ... Actually, so common, that I may
> be missing something. Am I ?
>
> I would like to propose either :
>
> 1/ the addition to some (optional) elements in the POM, as in :
>
>     <resourcePatterns>
>       <resourcePattern>include = **/*.properties</resourcePattern>
>
>       <resourcePattern>include = **/*.xml</resourcePattern>
>     </resourcePatterns>
>
>     <resourceTestPatterns>
>       <resourceTestPattern>include =
> **/*.properties</resourceTestPattern>
>       <resourceTestPattern>include = **/*.xml</resourceTestPattern>
>     </resourceTestPatterns>
>
> (in the same spirit as <unitTestPatterns>)
>
> or
>
> 2/ the addition of some Ant properties, as in :
>
> maven.compile.resourcePatterns = **/*.properties,**/*.xml
> maven.compile.resourceTestPatterns = **/*.properties,**/*.xml
>
> My preference goes to 1/. Please tell me what you prefer and I'll submit
> a patch.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>

> --