Julien Stern wrote:

> I think that the way Maven handles dependencies is fantastic, but
> that it is absolutely vital that every project makes sure that is
> relies only on stable non-moving jars in its stable release
> project.xml file.

You are completly right. The release plugin that Jason wrote for the
beta-8 makes this very easy - it will flip all SNAPSHOT dependecies
into timestamped ones, thus pin-pointing the codebase to a invariant
set of jars.
On the other hand there is noting that Maven folks can do to encourage
people building their stuff with Maven to actualy use that plugin...

R.